Just in case you didn’t see enough of your family over our incredibly long 6-week break, Ohio University is giving Mom and Dad another reason to visit you at school.
Introducing Winter Parents Weekend. When is this taking place you ask? This coming weekend, Feb. 3-5. So start cleaning your dorm now!
Having trouble brainstorming ideas to entertain your folks? Worry no more. There is a diverse list of activities to keep you (and your parental unit) happy all weekend!
- Get Artsy! On Sat, Feb 3rd beginning at noon, student-intern guides will provide free 30-minute tours of the Kennedy Museum of Art.
- Catch a ballgame. Head on over to the Convo for a Men’s basketball game. They play Central Michigan and tip-off is at 2PM.
- Get Wet! Later that night, the Aquatics Center is hosting an event where students and their parents can enjoy open swim for free from 7-9. Free food and drinks, too!
- Also on Saturday night, Midnight Meltdown is happening at the Bird Arena. Enjoy open recreational skating from 10:30-12:30. Admission is $3 and just $3.50 to rent skates.
- Time to Chow! On Sunday, take a stroll up Court St. and convince your parents to take you to brunch before they head out. Casa Nueva gets my vote, but the Diner on Union is drool-worthy, too!
The main thing to keep in mind is that your parents took the time to drive to Athens and see you. Whether or not you take advantage of the events or simply hang out with one another, this weekend is sure to be fun for all. Just think– if nothing else, you’re most likely scoring a free dinner with Mom and Dad!